Tuesday 16 February 2010

The purple hula skirt

Getting the London clothes thing down.
You can wear your summer clothes.
Even when it's positively freezing outside. Everyone does.
You gotta just layer the thing up.
As in, summer skirt, yes, fine, but then tights underneath (and even woolen cable-stitch, knee or thigh-high socks over the tights) and boots -- short, tall, over-the-knee, ankle, whatever.
There's no such thing as summer and winter clothes here.
It's just layer it up. Or peel it off.
Makes you feel better to wear a bright skirt in the middle of a dreary winter, I find.
And you never know if the weather will ever really warrant the bright skirt -- with bare legs -- by itself here anyway.
So what the hell? Wear it with tights.
And your down coat.
At least you're wearing it.
Wore a cotton purple hula-like skirt today. Never wore that in the States except in the throes of summer. When it was really hot outside (like it never gets here).
With sandals. And painted toenails.
Today, wore it with black tights. Tall black boots. And a black cardigan. Over a pink t-shirt.
Made me feel summery somehow.
Mediterranean even.
Got to work.
They had changed my days. I wasn't supposed to be there.
My bad. They had told me.
I had gotten the days mixed up.
So no work this week at all.
Not great.
Oh well.
Should work on other things anyway.
Leaving the office soon. Before midday.
Gonna take my purple skirt to a movie matinee in the West End.
And then start on all the other things I should do in my life.
Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment