Wednesday 27 January 2010

Illegal Living Room Part II

Had coffee with my new American friend here on my Italian side of the hill, a lovely woman from Brooklyn.
Love her strong New York accent.
How cool is that?
Anyway, got the living room story wrong, folks.
SHE WON HER CASE.
Six years ago.
But she still can't use her living room.
I barely understand it. And she was explaining it to me in good 'ol American.
Which I usually understand pretty well.
The judge, who is no longer practising, made a mistake of some sort.
And her lawyer is trying to find another judge to rule on it now.
Or something.
She's waiting.
Could take a year. Or 10, she said.
Doesn't know.
In the meantime, her living room is the patrimony of our little town here.
Whatever the hell that means.
So it will get resolved, I asked her. You will get the use of your living room at some point, right?
Six years, she replied.
We've been waiting six years already.
And I have no idea how much longer.
Um, would you like to come hang out in my living room for awhile?
It's got a couple of illegal windows.
But we should be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment