Wednesday 9 September 2009

Ommmmmmm

Slept like a baby here on my side of the hill last night. After I made sure to lock myself in as tight as I could.
Funny that.
I woke up at dawn, of course, like I always do. But I just turned over and went right back to sleep. And slept almost nine hours total. Ahhh...
Haven't done that in awhile.
Today, I just relaxed pretty much. It's been cloudy most of the day (even though now it looks like a terrific sunset is developing).
Went for a long drive all around the lake. First went one way all around, and then turned around and went the other way all around. Felt so good to drive. And I love the picturesque, windy road that hugs our lake.
I miss driving, that feeling of bye-bye, I'm taking off. That big old black-top stretching endlessly before me. What kind of American would I be if I didn't? Cars are in our DNA. Nothing like a good Interstate when you're feeling itchy.
And then being Italian too, means I have been known to drive fast -- on occasion. And I used to have a car that went fast. I've always had cars that go fast. Until now. Now I have a clunker. But I don't care. It's still fun to drive. At least it's a stick-shift clunker.
Soon, when I finish this, I'm gonna go sit on my terrace and watch the sun set.
And then I'm gonna make myself a plate of pasta. And maybe watch some silly Italian TV. (It's all silly.)
It feels good to just chill here alone. With my thoughts.
Not worrying about whether I'm this, or that, whether my attitude is good, or not, whether I'm in a good mood, or bad, or anything at all really.
Just being. Ommmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment