Wednesday 2 September 2009

Swine flu

I didn't want to tell you this, but I think I've had the swine flu. Seriously.
I didn't want to tell you because I thought you'd think, gimme a break, she's lying. She can't have been robbed AND had the swine flu.
I am not making this stuff up, I swear.
I got really sick when I was in Italy after my son and his back-packing friends showed up. My son was sick when he arrived, I got sick, and then two of his three friends got sick too.
We all had fevers and then a phlegmy cough that just went on and on.
I had a fever for five days actually, and then a cough for about three weeks. It's actually just going away now.
I know I'm not infectious anymore because I didn't give it to my second son when he came -- or my husband when I saw him again. Plus it's been almost a month now since my first symptoms.
So don't get mad at me for going to work. A girl's gotta work -- even if she is recovering from the swine flu.
How do I know it was the swine flu?
I don't for sure, but what other bad flu is going around Europe this summer? And since when do you get the flu in the summer when it's 90 degrees outside? (God I was hot in Italy when I had a fever. I needed to just lay under the fan without moving a few times.) And the guys had been to dance clubs all around Italy and Spain -- perfect place to catch it.
Good news is, I've had the swine flu, so I don't need to worry about getting it this winter here in England, when they're predicting everyone's gonna get it.
I've had it. It's not fun.
One less thing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment