Tuesday 1 September 2009

What to Wear?

Nobody knows what to wear in this country.
Today, when I was leaving work, I saw women in sleeveless tops and summer skirts with sandals (and goose bumps), walking alongside women wearing leather jackets and Uggs.
Not that it's their fault.
When I went to work yesterday, it was chilly and overcast. When I came out, it was hot and the sun was blazing.
This morning, I felt overdressed in my cardy. It was kinda humid outside, and hot on the Tube. I almost stripped down to my sleeveless t-shirt.
This evening, when I came out, it was freezing. A brisk wind had come up. Although the sun was shining.
I feel like I need my entire summer and winter wardrobe with me every time I go out. (Would've loved to have my leather jacket this evening actually). I do carry my little portable umbrella in my bag now. But that's not enough, I'm realizing.
Maybe it's so changeable because it's summer. (ha). Maybe when it's actually winter, it'll just be cold, and that's it.
A lot of the women in the office wear leggings under their summer dresses. That's the only sure way to wear a summer dress, I'm finding. It's definitely a London look. I thought it was just trendy, but nope, that's a look borne of necessity.
Need leggings.
Tomorrow's gonna be good, though, I heard on the weather forecast.
Just windy and rainy all day.
Cool. I can dress for that.
It's the four seasons in one day that screw me.

No comments:

Post a Comment