Tuesday 20 October 2009

Italy-bound

Ohmigod. We heard from the Italian company today.
They're going to offer my son a paid internship in Rome starting in January.
He's so excited. We're so excited for him.
He said he woke up this morning, thinking, 'I want to go to Italy.' Maybe that's because neither his dad nor I were home. We were both at work when he got up.
He had another long day to himself here, poking around on the Internet, looking for work. Or not. Trying not to spend any money.
He was feeling discouraged.
Then this afternoon, the email from Italy came. A six-month internship at an American accountancy firm in Rome. With the possibility of a job offer depending on how that goes. A decent possibility.
In Rome.
He can live on our side of the hill for awhile.
Use the car I bought to get back and forth to work.
It's about an hour by car.
Which is almost what it is by Tube to my job here in London.
Ohmigod.
What a day. A momentous day.
My son is going to live in Italy.
At our house.
After Christmas.
What does that mean for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment