Tuesday 13 October 2009

Love Actually

Oh. My. God. You're not going to believe who I saw tonight. Up close. For a long time.
Colin Firth.
Love Actually. Mamma Mia. Girl with a Pearl Earring. Genova.
That Colin Firth.
Right near me. While he waited for take-away sushi at our local, teensy sushi place (really good). Just leaned up against the wall, waiting, for several minutes. All Colin Firth of him.
So cool. Taller than I would have thought. Tall and lean. So cute.
I guess he lives around here. I think I read somewhere that he does. Actually. Love Actually.
He looked at me. He saw that I recognized him.
I smiled. He smiled slightly.
Sounded just like himself when he talked to the guy he was with, or said thank you for the sushi to the waitress.
He was with an Italian guy, who talked to him in Italian.
You could see he understood, but then couldn't keep up completely, so answered back in English. His companion continued talking to him in Italian.
I read that when he filmed the film Genova, he lived in the Italian city for several months with the young girls who played his daughters in the film.
Loved that film.
Does Colin Firth need someone for Italian conversation?
Because, if he does, I know just the girl.
Oh. My. God. I love Colin Firth.
He lives in my neighborhood?

1 comment:

  1. yes he does speak fluent Italian and I think you should go and meet him at Jillian's Edelstein's print sale (at his house!) I'll send you the numbers...

    ReplyDelete